Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 +

Happy 2012!

This is probably the most popular day of the year to blog. Or Journal. Or work out. Or.... {you fill in the blank}.

I have High Hopes for 2012; However, before I post the obligatory Goals/Resolutions/To Do List, I would like to do a "The Firsts of 2011" Post. I like to be able to look back and see some of the New Things I did. So without further ado, and more or less in Chronological Order-

11 Firsts of  2011:
-Attended a Photography Workshop
-Made a Someone's Birthday last an entire week
-Performed at a Valentine's 'Jazz Club'
-Started a New Business
-Became a Manager @ Work 
-First Wedding Photo Shoot
-Went to Girls Camp as a Leader
-First Time on the Bus
-Won a Pie Eating Contest
-First Kiss
-Had a Younger Sibling move home from college

There you have it.  Now on to 2012:

Goals (Because the word 'Resolution' automatically makes me NOT want to have anything to do with it...)

-(Every Year on almost Everyone's List) To be more Physically Fit.
-To Read All of The Standard Works
-Pay off Student Debt
-Journal at least 2 times a Week
-Do 2 Photo Shoots a Month
-Read 3 'Classic' Books {Gone with the Wind, East of Eden, The Grapes of Wrath-You know. Any Suggestions?)
-Visit Utah
-Practice Vocal Techniques and Singing for 20 minutes 5 times a week
-Practice the Piano 20 minutes 5 times a week
-Be better at keeping in touch (talking on the phone is not a current forte of mine...)
-Go Back to School
-Learn Another Language (Ok, so this is Not Likely, But has always been a dream of mine- I've dabbled in Spanish and Italian...But I want to become Fluent in another Language- I'm taking suggestions/requests.)
-Take Cello Lessons
-Learn to make fluffy pancakes

Here's to 2012! What happens this year is up to you!
{.}

1 comment:

The Barb Chronicles said...

I have a YUMMY fluffy pancake recipe :)